Ask our Experts!
Study in Malaysia Guide
Everything you need to know before going to study in Malaysia - education system, visa requirement and process, Indians living in Malaysia, post-study options and more.
1. Top Reasons to Study in Malaysia
Malaysia is an upcoming study destination and is becoming very popular among students in India. Malaysia as a country has lot to offer in terms of quality of education, excellent job opportunities and safe and colourful environment. We have mentioned below the most alluring aspects offered by Malaysia for Indian Students.
- Low Cost of Living: Best part about studying in Malaysia is low cost of living, expenses like accommodation, food, recreational activities are highly affordable. The average international student should be prepare to send about INR 16,000 to INR 24,000 per month depending on the location. Kuala Lumpur has been rated as the least expensive city in the world.
- Low Tuition Fees: A tuition fee for studying in Malaysia is extremely competitive and affordable. For masters course you would spend approx between INR 3,36,000 to 4,80,000 per year depending on the University. Studying in Malaysia is value for money option.
- Work Permit Options: During studies students are allowed to work 20hrs/week on weekends and full time in vacations. After the completion of studies also students are eligible for 1 year of work permit.
- Visa Without IELTS: There is no compulsory requirement of English test for studying Bachelor's, Master's or PhD courses. Medium of Instruction in Malaysia Universities is English.
- No Funds Required for Visa: Malaysian Student Visa do not require any proof of documents for tuition fees and living. Students can take their living in form of traveller's card, cash or in their bank account.
- World Recognized Universities: Malaysian University and colleges are world wide recognized. It is considered as the top most country in Asia to study and 11th preferred study destination. Malaysia has excellent Government Universities like University of Malaya, University Sans Malaysia etc. It also has campuses of many top Universities across the globe like: Monash and Swinburne (Australia), Nottingham and Lancaster Campus (UK) etc. Students can get best degree at affordable cost.
- Multiethnic Country: Malaysia is a country with diverse cultural environment. You will meet students from UK, USA, Singapore, China and India etc. These experiences and networks will give you a competitive advantage in an evolving globalized world. You will have the greatest opportunity here to build a good network of friends and business contact made up of people from different Asia countries.
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM Click Here
(Book your Counselling Session)
2. Education System in Malaysia
3. Cost of Study in Malaysia
Tuition Fees in Malaysia is somewhat equivalent to fees in India.
||Ringgit Malaysia (RM)
||Indian Rupees (INR)
||16,000 - 18, 000
||3 Lakhs (approx.)
||55,000 - 60,000
||13 Lakhs (approx.)
||35,000 - 45,000
||34,000 - 37, 000
||7 Lakhs (approx.)
4. Living Cost in Malaysia
The cost of living for international students to study in Malaysia could be as low as RM10, 000 which is approximately US$2,632 per annum (the cost of living in the city is about 10% higher). As such, the low living cost besides the cheaper tuition fee would appeal to both international and local students in terms of great savings of living expenses while studying in Malaysia but getting World Class Quality Education, Exposure and Lifestyle.
||RINGGIT MALAYSIA (RM)
||INDIAN RUPEES (INR)
|Utility (Internet and Mobile)
However, the expenses depend on the style of living. For example, cooking at home is much cheaper than eating outside.
5. Work Opportunities in Malaysia
- During Course: International students are allowed to work part-time basis during semester breaks, festive holidays or more than seven days of holiday for a maximum of 20 hours a week. International students are permitted to work in restaurants, petrol kiosks, mini markets and hotels except in the following positions: cashier, singer, masseur, musician, Guest Relations Officer or any activity deemed to be immoral.
- After Course: After completion of studies in Malaysia, uou do not apply for the work permit yourself. Your prospective employer applies it on your behalf. You just wait for the "landing order" from the Immigration Department of Malaysia which will be forwarded to you by your employer. The actual cost should be less than US$500.00 [visa fee, levy, work permit fee & processing charges, medical screening depending on circumstances, and is paid for by your employer.
6. Documents Required for Admission Assessment
Following is a list of documents required for admission assessment for Malaysia:
- Attested copies of 10th and 12th mark sheet and completion certificate
- Bachelor Degree Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits) (If Applicable)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc. (NOT REQUIRED IN MALAYSIA)
- Standardized Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (NOT REQUIRED IN MALAYSIA)
- Two academic references letters
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Passport sized photographs
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
- Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture program)
- Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
Note: Documents required for individual universities and individual courses in the Malaysia may vary.
Request More Information: Zenith Abroad offers exciting, unrivalled services. For information on our various services, contact our Counselor on phone nos. +91-11-45060102 on all working days between 9.30 AM and 6 PM (IST). or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full details, for more information.
Undergrduate Course Information: MBBS in Malaysia | Bachelor Courses in Engineering | Bachelor Courses in Hotel Management
Postgraduate Course Information: MBA in Malaysia
Interesting Blogs & Facts about Malaysia
HELP University | Asia Pacific University,
Scholarship, Malaysia, college, University, national university of singapore, malaysia tourism, study overseas, university of Malaya, singapore university, university of singapore, universities in singapore, study abroad, monash university malaysia overseas education, study abroad consultants universities in malaysia, singapore universities, colleges in Singapore, study in Singapore, study in newzealand, mba in Singapore, university in Singapore, singapore education, study in abroad, schools in Singapore, study malaysia, study in malaysia cost, study in malaysia for international students, studying in malaysia, study mba in malaysia