Ask our Experts!
Study MBBS in China
Welcome to Study in MBBS in China section, over here you will find everything you need to know before studying in the China.
China has become the main attraction for international students who are interested in pursuing education in different disciplines in china. Medical Science is also a specialized line of education that is in high demand globally and china offers high standards, in-depth and top quality education in the field of medical science. Amongst the growing demand by the students for professional medical education, China is now host to some of the premier medical institution offering opportunity to study MBBS in China.
- Top Reasons to Study MBBS in China
- Education System in China
- Cost of Study for MBBS in China
- Admission Process for Studying MBBS Course in China
- Opportunities after MBBS from China
Admissions are going on for 2017 MBBS IN CHINA IN ENGLISH MEDIUM in some of the top ranking medical colleges and medical universities under the MCI Approved Medical Colleges in China list for Indian students.
Top Reasons to Study MBBS in China
In recent years, a lot of students from different parts of world are also opting China for medical education. Last year, more than 10,000 students came to China to study medicine, most of them selecting an English-medium MBBS program. You may have the doubts on why they unhesitatingly to choose China as their medical career starting way, it is believed that the following are the beneficial reasons:
- Graduate with a globally recognize medical degree: On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by the university. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery). International students can take your graduate diploma and required documents to the embassy of your home country for accreditation if needed.
- Eligible for any medical licensing examination: The 49 approved medical schools are public universities under the supervision of the Chinese Government. All are listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)'s "Directory of World Medical Schools". This listing means that graduates are eligible to attend national medical screening tests such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, PLAB, HPCSA, SCHS, etc.
- On par with western higher education in medicine: Cost of China's medical universities are ranked among the top 500 universities in the world and highly reputed for being at the forefront of the field of modern medicine. Moreover, English-medium MBBS programs have been taught for years, and there are now lots of graduates pursuing a further education in China or being a doctor in their own country. According the students' actual requirements, each university will develop its own featured teaching system and course schedule based on the national standard regulations.
- Easy getting admission to a top medical university: Compared with some universities or colleges in US, UK, Europe, even India and Pakistan, it is so easy to get admission by a top rank China's university to study MBBS. Furthermore, the entrance requirements for bachelor's medicine study in China are also much lower than any other countries. By choosing China, you can avoid the burden of fierce competition or heavy application pressure.
- Living costs and tuition are considerably lower in China: Studying towards an MBBS in China is 70% cheaper than undertaking a similar program in the US or UK. The US MD program course (equivalent to MBBS) cost around USD 160,000-200,000. This excludes four years of Pre-med study. While a student can complete an MBBS course from any of the China's medical university list for 6 years for only USD 30,000 – 50,000. Compared to the rest of the world the fees charged for MBBS courses in China are expansively reasonable. The charges of tutoring in the universities in China are subsidized by the Ministry of Public Health of the Chinese Government. All in all, it is very economical for international students to study in China.
Education System in China
The ministry of education in China ensures that the quality and standard of education that is provided to the students, both national and international is high. There are almost about 49 different medical schools that are approved by the Chinese government, and therefore, they accept international students, as well. However, the institutions that are not listed in these 49 schools are not permitted to take international students of MBBS. Last year, more than 100,000 students came to china in order to study medicine under different English medium programs for MBBS.
Cost of Studying MBBS in China
Most of school students in India all dream of getting a scholarship seat in a good governmental medical school at home or abroad by scoring high in the medical entrance examinations conducted by Ministry of Education. Those who fail to get a scholarship choose to study MBBS under self-support. However, studying MBBS in the private medical colleges of home-country is very expensive. Therefore, studying in MBBS in China is undoubtedly a good choice for those who want to be a doctor in future. There are no capitation fees or donations to be paid to Chinese universities. The cost of higher education in China is highly regulated and subsidized by the Ministry of Education (MOE). They are very reasonable in contrast to universities in other countries. The cost of living in China is also relatively low compared with studying medicine in UK, US and other countries.
Estimate of Studying MBBS in China
||Estimate (Per Year)
(INR 2,70,000 approx.)
(INR 1,00,000 approx.)
(INR 40,000 approx.)
(INR 4,70,000 approx.)
Opportunities after MBBS from China
What to do after MBBS is a hotly-discussed issue because of intense competition in the field of medicine. Many MBBS students confront the dilemma of planning for their next steps after MBBS, which is also a common phenomenon for MBBS in China. However, there are not so many MBBS students being fully aware of their after MBBS career options. It is necessary for them to know the various options available these days that they can go for in accordance with their goals, wishes and so on.
- Option 1 After MBBS (Practice as General Practitioner): After MBBS, many students show interest in serving as general practitioners, mainly in government service agencies, private practice agencies, NGOs, or some private sectors.
- Option 2 After MBBS (Pursuing Post Graduation): After MBBS, most students mostly will choose Post-graduation with MD (postgraduate degree in general medicine) or MS (postgraduate degree in general surgery) or doing researches in relevant institutes.
- Option 3 After MBSS (Specialization in Non-medical Fields or Less-related Fields): After MBBS, some students are inclined to switch over to other fields, such as management in medical companies or institutes. Yet, this amount of option after MBBS is still a minority as more and more students are pursuing post-graduation after MBBS.
Admission Process for Studying MBBS Course in China
Studying medicine in China is very much affordable and easy as the admission process and fee is reasonable. By taking help of Consultants for one can easily apply for top medical universities in China.
- Submit the duly filled application form of respective university
- Submit the copies of all the required documents like
- 10th and 12th Passing Certificate
- Once admission letter from the university is received visa process starts
- Student has to visit Chinese Embassy in Delhi with invitation letter
- On the base of invitation letter, visa application is processed
- Some important documents to check before applying for visa
- A Valid Passport
- Completely filled VISA Application forms
- Two passport size photographs
- Copy your admission letter / invitation letter
- Medical certificate of fitness
Request More Information: Zenith Abroad offers exciting, unrivalled services. For information on our various services, contact our Counselor on phone nos. +91-11-45060102 on all working days between 9.30 AM and 6 PM (IST). or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full details, for more information.